FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Feedback on Editing Demo

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Phillips
Need Feedback on Editing Demo
on Oct 24, 2007 at 6:11:43 pm

I'm moving to New York City after 7 years of editing Broadcast TV and Corporate Video work in Austin, Texas and I would love to hear feedback from fellow Post-Production Pros on my current reel.

When I'm done updating my site, the video below (or an updated version) will play automatically when the home page opens and the viewer can then click on links to see TV show segments and other longer samples of my work. The video below is meant as a Teaser Intro to my work that they can then explore with the links.

Link:
http://www.jeremyphillips.net/Reel2.html

Thanks! I appreciate any and all feedback!

Return to posts index

MataAtlantica
Re: Need Feedback on Editing Demo
on Oct 25, 2007 at 3:41:17 am

looks sharp. i'd hire you. good luck!

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Oct 25, 2007 at 3:53:29 pm

LOOKS good. I like the lead in with the girl talking. Maybe you could do that trick again in the reel.

i question the raining footage at the end. what is the point of it?

also, i am thinking of moving to Austin Texas within a year or 2. Is that an easy place to find a job? Any tips on getting into the market there? I would like to get into Broadcast and corporate video work there.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Phillips
on Oct 27, 2007 at 2:58:21 am

Thanks for the feedback. I agree about the rain shots.

As for the Austin market, I don't really know how it compares to others because this is the only market I have experience in. My gut feeling is that it might be a little harder to find work here than other markets because it's a mid-sized city that is saturated with video professionals from the University of Texas film school. Just a guess though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]