FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resume' tips

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Resume' tips
on Aug 9, 2007 at 2:53:09 am

I got the Demo Reel piece, and I know that's the true bread and butter of what a prospective employer is looking for in this field.

However, I've searched all forums and have only found one post on actually writing an editor's resume. Sorry if this isn't the best forum for this question, but like I said I haven't had much luck in the other forums. Long story short- I'm updating my reel and I'm also needing to update my resume. Any tips on structure, layout, highpoints, etc...basically any advice anyone may have and be willing to take the time to share with me would be greatly appreciated. I'm in government/ Military production and don't have a long list of "major productions" i've worked on to fill my resume- like I see on a lot of other examples of resumes...mainly because almost all of my Avid work has been in-house, military training type productions. I've basically moved up the chain in the ten years I've been here, have an education, some certifications and training, a couple of awards, and so on. But I'm trying to find some tips on best way of putting it on paper without overdoing it or, at the same time, selling myself short.

I was hoping some of you guys who look at resumes may be able to offer me some tips. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if there is a more appropriate forum for this type of question, please- by all means, point me in that direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved