FORUMS: list search recent posts

My New Demo Reel...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
corywoolf
My New Demo Reel...
on Jul 27, 2007 at 2:40:18 am

What do you think of it? I am 19 and have little professional experience, mostly self taught. I have taken about a dozen courses to do with video production in general. The target of this demo reel is paid internships. It has taken so long to get to this point with my reel, it is never ending as you all know. I am interested in Motion Graphics, Video Editing, DVD Authoring in that order. Be honest, be brutal.

Thanks for your time,

- Cory

http://web.mac.com/corywoolf/iWeb/ProEdge%20Productions/Post%20Production%2...

Return to posts index

randy j
Re: My New Demo Reel...
on Jul 27, 2007 at 12:29:56 pm

it is good start.
-i found it too long for the amount of material you had.

-sound fx would make your opening text much more appealing.
-avoid the DVD menu

Return to posts index

corywoolf
Re: My New Demo Reel...
on Jul 27, 2007 at 5:04:04 pm

Thanks for the review, I agree with everything. I think the only menus worth possibly leaving are the Three Men and a Tenor ones. Just the one with the audio waveform and the main menu with the microphone. The rest aren't that cool to look at for such a short time. And I could just throw those in with the motion graphics section. i agree about the hockey, I was thinking the same myself, but then again the whole video is randomness, so it was hard to sacrifice by cutting anymore footage. I was at the point where it almost became too short, so I left it in. A lot of times camera moves matched perfectly and index vectors were present between all of the sections, so that's why it got blended up. Sometimes I just drop a clip randomly on the timeline and it ends up sounding perfect where it is, I then try moving it, but it just doesn't sound/look as good anywhere else. I guess I will have to keep the footage tightly bound to it's section on the timeline even from the start, to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]