FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Music

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Stussey
Demo Music
on Jun 19, 2007 at 11:28:42 pm

I keep seeing posts about legally using music for demos. I have a friend who is a musician who gives me permission to use his music.

Any thoughts on the best way to give my friend the credit and make it not look like I'm just stealing music. Like to put a credit at the end of the demo or on the disk itself, or how if I post my reel online.
as always comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Stussey
MassControl Media

Return to posts index

person
Re: Demo Music
on Jun 23, 2007 at 4:18:09 am

must be a great reel to give credits

Editor

Return to posts index

Steve Stussey
on Jun 24, 2007 at 5:08:34 pm

That's not what I meant,even though I am proud of the reel that I'm working on. I've seen many posts about music on demos. I just happen to have a friend who is a musician and has done my demo music before. I don't want it to look like I'm stealing his music, so what I was asking how to go about properly giving credit to the musician and not look like I'm stealing his work.
Stussey
MassControl Media

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jul 8, 2007 at 1:58:42 am

From a musician's perspective I think it's great you're giving him credit and in my opinion having a few credits at the end adds to the professionalism of the piece. It's a perfect partnership - you get some cool music to put your stuff to and he gets that much more exposure.

You could take it a step farther and do a graphic sequence or editing sequence as part of your reel and have it at the end with his credits over the piece to finish off the reel. Or you could do a separate credits thing after your reel is finished that plays automatically once the reel is finished. You could have the credits on the left and a picture of his band on the right or something similar.

I wouldn't put it in the beginning or the middle of the reel though as text over footage is going to detract from the overall feel of the piece (unless the text is cool and done in a unique way I guess).

He'll probably hit you up for some music videos if he hasn't already. :-P

Just my .02.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]