FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Sox Spot

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Days
Red Sox Spot
on May 29, 2007 at 2:05:50 pm

Just finished this last weekend, all done in XSI, AE and Avid DS. Thoughts and crits would be appreciated.
Thanks!

http://download-v5.streamload.com/d5cdf5da-c012-461c-9d46-2b0f76bfde86/dday...

Return to posts index

nateboston
Re: Red Sox Spot
on May 29, 2007 at 6:37:08 pm

First let me say, GO RED SOX!

And now on to your post...

I loved the graphics/3D rendering of Fenway Park and the Red Sox flags. However, the spot didn't tell me much. I think if you change a few shots around it would make more sense. For example, instead of your first shot being "For More than a Century" you could put the shot that immediately follows that one first (the 1903, 1904, 1905 flags), then cut back to your "More Than a Century" shot. This would quickly establish that we are talking about the Red Sox. Also the second shot would establish that there has been a Sox/Yankees battle going on for "more than a century."

I would then put your shot of Ortiz batting next, followed by the "They Have Battled" shot. I think that would make things a bit less confusing Also, does it have to be 15 sec? Stretching this to 30 would give you so much more time to establish the rivalry. But then again, if your market is Boston, everyone knows the deal already ;-)

All in all great imagry, just a different approach to the cutting and I think you've got something!

Return to posts index

Don Days
Re: Red Sox Spot
on May 30, 2007 at 2:50:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I think you're right...I spent so much time on the 3d stuff I didn't give a whole lot of thought to the editing. I'll spend some more time shuffling things around and see how it looks.
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]