FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letterpress Printing Filmstrip

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alanlastufka
Letterpress Printing Filmstrip
on May 28, 2007 at 1:37:06 am

I've been working on a series of short filmstrips about the various self-publishing printing methods available.

I finished the second installment today, which covers letterpress printing.

I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm pretty new to editing video, this is only the fifth project I've ever completed.

I wasn't the cameraman for this one, so please no "use a tripod!" suggestions - I didn't have control over that. =)

You can watch it here:

Many thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
nateboston
Re: Letterpress Printing Filmstrip
on May 29, 2007 at 6:50:00 pm

Not too bad for your fifth editing venture! You were able to tell a complete story, which was good. The only thing that really got me was the audio. Especially the music. The music you've chosen just didn't feel right - too fast, too loud, and not the right fit. And the guy's narration wasn't clear at times. I found myself turning the volume on my computer up, then down, then back up. You don't want your viewer to have to fiddle with their volume. I would go back and take a look at leveling out all of your audio levels as your first order of business.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I would have liked to see the guy's face, but you may not have that shot. I especially liked the graphics - had the feel of a "real" printing press. Very cool and original. On that note though, I would make the full screen graphics move a little quicker, as well as a few of the cuts (the entire thing could be 1-2 minutes shorter). A quick fix would be to shorten the ending credits a bit. Just a thought though.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]