FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another Demo Reel Draft

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
corywoolf
Another Demo Reel Draft
on May 7, 2007 at 8:01:49 am

I am almost done with my demo reel. I lost a lot of animations of mine when my hard drive bit the dust a few months back, luckily some of them were backed up. I spent a lot of time shortening this, but let me know if you think it is too short. There are two parts, my Editing Reel and my DVD Menu Design Reel. I haven't added titles yet for most of it. The DVD title is really bad, but is just a temporary divider. It's not quite polished, but I just want to see what you think. I am 19 years old and have been making videos since I got my first computer back in '98. I am just using this to help land gigs and show people that I am serious about my work. I am not trying to use this towards any sort of corporate video jobs at this point. Now start throwing those darts at it! Don't be nice, I want the brutal truth.

- Cory

Return to posts index

HatkowProductions
Re: Another Demo Reel Draft
on May 8, 2007 at 1:43:20 am

My professor always said: " Less is more." Start by cutting your demo in half or more. Get ride of the footage that is less than ideal,there are some edits that show the same shot a few times,get ride of some of them,some of the flash effects are distracting, there are some poorly lit shots that should go away. Make it pop with quicker editing. You want to make it so people want to see more. It's better for people to wish it was longer than to wish it was over! I'll be honest, I didn't watch the whole thing. You are on the right track, shorten the track! :)

Rebel Without A Crew

Return to posts index

corywoolf
on May 12, 2007 at 10:05:59 am

Just updated it. It's shorter and quicker paced. Still not totally done, but close. The editing reel is a tad over a minute long and the DVD menus are a little over a minute as well. The compression for YouTube is harsh, so not everything looks nearly as sharp as it is. Also it seems darker then it is in Final Cut Pro. The music matches up this time though. Anymore thoughts on this video?

Return to posts index

HatkowProductions
on May 18, 2007 at 6:54:29 pm

Hey, I run into the same problem with Final Cut too! (darker) Let me know if you find out why that is!

Rebel Without A Crew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]