FORUMS: list search recent posts

my first major motion graphic creation

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mozwald
my first major motion graphic creation
on Apr 5, 2007 at 8:29:54 pm

Ive been learning after effects, (got about a month of solid experience under my belt) and had an opportunity to volunteer my time to create an opening animation for a local film festival. I'm also getting some college capstone credit so it was an all around good deal! It was also a great experience working for a client and trying to figure out how to fulfill their requests.

The animation is based off of the 2007 ashland independent film festival poster art created by a local artist.
Unfortunately, this didn't leave much room for creativity. (since they mostly wanted just the poster coming into view)

Id like to know what you guys think, should continue down the motion graphics field?

Here is the main piece, (I included a little logo I made for myself that appears after all the sponsor logos, but I cut those out for this version)

This is the alternate version I liked at first, but the client didn't like it as much...

SORRY FOR YOUTUBE!!! (I followed the advice in the new creative cow magazine about compression for youtube...im working on a website to host a better quicktime.)

Return to posts index

greg
Re: my first major motion graphic creation
by
on Apr 6, 2007 at 7:25:14 pm

I like the alternative better

Return to posts index

stevem1928
on Apr 6, 2007 at 10:33:27 pm

I liked how you pieced the projector together in the alternative version. I think the client must not have liked the way you handled the words in that version. They seemed to be a little out of place. Maybe it was the color combination. It also seemed incomplete. Maybe you did not provide the entire segment.

Return to posts index

mozwald
on Apr 7, 2007 at 1:57:30 am

yeah, there some was confusion over the words...and that version was more of a "preview of what is to come" as opposed to a "branding logo" that he wanted.

Return to posts index

Alexxx
on Apr 7, 2007 at 11:36:19 pm

The animation of the first one is great given your experience. The type is what kills it, unfortunately. Even though it's just a rough a client can cling to that. Keep it up.

Alex

Lightdrop Video Production, Editing & Design

Return to posts index

heather crank
on Apr 13, 2007 at 1:31:48 am

Yep I agree, I liked the first one better. It's definately the type. Nice job for a first project!

Return to posts index

Chris Holland
on Apr 18, 2007 at 8:33:05 pm

Great job. I would have thought you've been using AE for awhile after seeing that. Too me that is pretty amazing for only using the program a month. I've been using it for 10 years and I was impressed.

Nice

Chris Holland
Icarus Communications
http://www.icaruscommunications.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]