FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Demo Reel for 2007

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PwLadd
My Demo Reel for 2007
on Mar 30, 2007 at 7:17:02 am

Hello everybody!

I am a Final Cut Pro Editor with about 3 years of experience. This is v1 of my new demo reel. Most of my experience comes from branded corporate video and video game trailers, hence it is fast-paced and energetic.

I would greatly appreciate all feedback.

Thanks!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500939/paul_ladds_editing_demo_reel/

Return to posts index

Frosch
Re: My Demo Reel for 2007
on Apr 4, 2007 at 12:55:09 am

Very impressive. A nice variety of clients. Can I ask, were you involved with any of the shooting or composting, or is this all just footage that was handed off to you?

The only thing I might add if I were you is your name and what you do (editor) at the beginning of the reel. And compared to all your other shots, I'm not too crazy about the "walk into the light" shot at the end.

Return to posts index

PwLadd
on Apr 18, 2007 at 4:00:04 am

Thank you for the feedback. I was involved in doing some of the compositing as well as doing some of the shooting for various pieces. But I wouldn't really dub myself as a motion graphics guy or a dedicated shooter. I guess it is just a little icing on the cake.

I will definitely put my name and information on the front end. I understand about the last shot, I was a little unsure about it, I was trying not to end on the Vista screen, to ensure that it didn't feel like leaned so heavily on Vista footage.

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Apr 5, 2007 at 4:08:52 am

Feels a little random in terms of content and none of them really show off your editing ability. A demo reel for and editor needs to illustrate how well you can assemble a story and this doesn't show that. A mograph reel is very different and this seems to fall more inline with the mograph approach.

For an editor reel, I would pull 3 solid, shortish projects and make a reel from that. Three that show your editing skills so they should be different. Then create a montage cut for an intro.

-gl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]