FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Reel Question

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kazden
Editing Reel Question
on Mar 24, 2007 at 1:48:19 am

I see most of the reels on this page are motion graphic reels, but I'm and editor looking for a new job. what's the best way to put together a good editing reel. Mainly, what i do now are shows and spots for the UFC on spike tv, and a lot of my best work are cool cuts to the music...so would an editing reel be quick and cutty like a motion graphics reel, or is it okay to let things play out. any help is appreciated. thanks!

aok

Return to posts index

person
Re: Editing Reel Question
on Mar 24, 2007 at 3:43:52 pm

you can see many spot editor reels at aice.org. as far as showing tv shows i'm not sure if you should make a montage of the show showing fun clips or just have segments. the reel should be around 5 minutes or shorter. start with the best and end with the best. you can see my editor's reel at http://pupo.com/kelly for reference if you would like. good luck

Editor

Return to posts index

Gary Weaverton
Re: Editing Reel Question
on Apr 18, 2007 at 2:05:31 am

I think faster cuts that has lot of energy and motion would work best for you in this case. Even though we're not talking traditional story telling here, it's important to show what you can do with the format in question.

And I'd say 2-3 minutes. No more than 5.

Gary

Gary Weaverton
Photographer/Illustrator
gary.weaverton@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]