FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thoughts, comments, suggestions on my motion graphics reel?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
motesobe
Thoughts, comments, suggestions on my motion graphics reel?
on Mar 18, 2007 at 8:18:55 pm

The web site isn't done, but I'd love to hear some feedback on my 3D/2D animation reel.

Looking for work in Los Angeles and thought I'd get the opinions of the cow community first!

Thanks for taking a look.
Mario.

http://www.mario-v.com

Return to posts index

greg
Re: Thoughts, comments, suggestions on my motion graphics reel?
by
on Mar 19, 2007 at 10:03:27 pm

Excellent....GREAT WORK!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Mar 20, 2007 at 2:42:01 am

I'm such a sucker for the glowy, shiny 3D stuff....it is a great reel. I just have to get a copy of Cinema 4D and get to work. We are looking for exactly the kind of designer that you are and it is tough luring one to the upper midwest. You would be a perfect fit to what we do (tiltmedia.com) but I'm sure you love the LA temps.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

motesobe
on Mar 20, 2007 at 5:32:52 pm

Hey Rich,

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback! It's nice to know people like the work that you put heart and soul into.
It's not just LA's weather but also the amount of opportunity out there to further advance my career. Thank you for the nice words!

Mario Vengoechea
3D/2D Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

motesobe
on Mar 20, 2007 at 5:33:27 pm

Thank you so much! :)

Mario Vengoechea
3D/2D Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

Frosch
on Apr 5, 2007 at 12:52:43 am

This is a late response, but I gotta say, this is one of the best reels I've ever seen! And to top it off, I love the music selection. Two songs I'd never expect to hear in a showreel. Your clips really flow with the Clash tune.
Great work!

Return to posts index

Flowmotion
on Apr 19, 2007 at 8:45:38 pm

Absolutely fantastic! I'm not sure whether to be inspired or depressed. I will be watching this one over and over... just wondering how the heck I can ever come close.

Return to posts index

c1dumbkid
on May 5, 2007 at 6:41:42 pm

You have quite an impresive reel, and you have some amazing work on there, and to tell you to change anything would just be nitpicky, but that's what I'm going to be anyways, because you don't need me to tell you how awesome your reel is (or did I just do that?). I think the whole mario video game thing is a little cheesy when you compare it to all of your other work, and the first 30 seconds of your demo reel are what will make or break you. Typically people decide whether or not your hired by the first 30 seconds, if they keep watching, you got a good chance of being hired, if they aren't impressed, they put in somebody elses reel and throw yours away. That being said, I don't think the mario thing is your best work, despite you starting and ending the same, with your talent, I think you could come up with a better intro and outro.

But if you must keep the mario thing, then adjust the sound level between that and your music. I would at least lower the sfx that the video game creates, because when the video game sounds die and the music starts, the music seems quiet and it makes you think more sfx or something else is coming.That's just my personal opinion though, take it or leave it, it's up to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]