FORUMS: list search recent posts

edit and color demo reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xroad66
edit and color demo reel
on Mar 14, 2007 at 7:53:51 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm updating my edit and color demo reel for several perspective clients. I usually just string several edited scenes together for edit reel, but someone suggested that I should also include teaser sequence to grab people's attention. I made one, but I seek the honest opinions of Creative Cow community if it's working or not. Let me know if at the end of the sequence you want to see more of my work, or if it's confusing and you're put off by it.

You will require a latest quicktime to play (it's encoded in h264). Sorry about the timecode window burn on the video, but I have to put that in for now. It will be removed once I get clearance from one of the films.

http://www.iamyasu.com/yasu_demo_2007_14Mar07_tcwb.mov

Thank you very much in advance for any comment.

Yasu

p.s. The link will be unavailable after two weeks.

Return to posts index

greg
Re: edit and color demo reel
by
on Mar 15, 2007 at 9:06:41 pm

I think it looks good...but what may be helpful is to show the comparison between the original footage and your color correction. Before and afters perhaps side by side, or one then the other

Return to posts index

xroad66
on Mar 16, 2007 at 10:22:26 pm

Thanks for your input!

At current stage of the edit, it maybe hard to garner that the 1st part of it is my editing montage and the last few seconds with Wipes show the before and after of the color correction job I did.

I can put a title up or recut it so it's easy to understand.

Thanks,

Yasu

Return to posts index

boydmcc
on Mar 19, 2007 at 5:31:38 am

Nice work. I think a quick title between the sections would work great. I got the before and after with your color correction, and someone can always stop and go back, if they want a closer look - as you said, this is just an intro/teaser piece.

My one suggestion would be to lose the window burn-in. It just dominated everything and made me conscious of how long your piece was going to be, not really on the editing. Did I say to lose it :-) ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]