FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reel too big?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cadge31
Reel too big?
on Mar 12, 2007 at 10:51:24 pm

Hello,

I am in the market for a new job and am designing a demo reel. Here's the problem. I work both full-time (at an advertising agency that offers commercials and corporate videos) and run my own business (a dual division company that produces Documentary Films and offers Freelance Videography). Here is a how the reel breaks down.

"Main Menu" contains 2 buttons to "menu #1 (my company)" and "menu #2 (my job)"
"Menu 1 (my company)" contains 2 buttons to "menu 1A (Documentary Films) and "menu 1B (Freelance Videography)"
"Menu 1A (Documentary Films)" and "menu 1B (Freelance Videography)" contain examples of my work in those categories
"Menu #2 (my job)", which is the second button of the "Main Menu", contains 2 buttons to "menu 2
A (Corporate Videos)" and "Menu 2B (Commercials)".
"Menu 2A (Corporate Videos) and "Menu 2B (Commercials)" contain examples of my work in those categories.

In addition to the buttons mentioned above each menu contains a button to return to the "previous menu" and a button to return to the "main menu". Menus 1A, 1B, 2A & 2B (which feature the work) all have a "play all" button and buttons that allow the viewer to view example work independently of each other. I know this is all sort of confusing.

Do you think this is too much information for one reel? I kind of like the way it's layed out, but I'm not looking at it from a hirer's point of view.

-Cadge

Return to posts index

greg
Re: Reel too big?
by
on Mar 15, 2007 at 9:09:57 pm

It seems like alot on one DVD. But if the menu is really descriptive that may be okay. Not quite sure I understand what the "my job" and "my Company" mean. If you're looking for a full-time job, why would you have these categories?

Return to posts index

Cadge31
on Mar 16, 2007 at 4:25:42 am

I organized it into two sections to distinguish what work was done under my full-time job, and what work was done under my independant business. But I think both sets of work could help promote me for a new job. I am just more comfortable having the work separated.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Mar 17, 2007 at 3:19:37 am

But if I were hiring someone for my company, I wouldn't want to see them promoting their own business. To me that would mean they are not the type who will be happy working for someone else. I would suggest that you just categorize your videos by subject, not who you worked for. Just a suggestion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]