FORUMS: list search recent posts

My reel - 2006

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rbengtsson
My reel - 2006
on Feb 18, 2007 at 9:05:06 pm

Hey, been looking through the forum for a long while and finally decided to post. I started editing when I was 12 and from there i've just started creating alot more motion graphic-type things. Most of the stuff are just basics test though sice i'm still learning. And a while ago I started using 3ds max.
So, now i've been editing for 2 years and here is some of my work from 2006.
Just thought I'd get some pointers on what I could improve for the next one :)

http://bbfilms.sitesled.com/videos/Demo%20reel%2006.mov

Length: 01:41
Size: 18,5 mb

Return to posts index

dylbot
Re: My reel - 2006
on Feb 19, 2007 at 8:19:45 pm

It didn't open for me. I waited quite a while, but no action sorry.

Return to posts index

rbengtsson
on Feb 20, 2007 at 9:18:20 am

hmm. that's weird. Please try again, but right click save target as. That worked for me.

Return to posts index

dylbot
on Feb 25, 2007 at 8:24:00 pm

Got it.
Thats looking excellent for your age. It would even be looking pretty good for someone who had done some formal training. looks like you've got a good handle on some afx filters and your filming looks quite good. Nice editing to the music too.
I would definitly loose the "evil hand" bit if I was putting together a reel for work though.

nice one.

Return to posts index

rbengtsson
on Feb 26, 2007 at 5:03:15 pm

Thanks for the comment :) Really appreciate it.
Yeah, I would deffinetly loose the evil hand if it was for work too. Along with some other stuff.
Btw, one question. If I am doing a reel for work i awlays see people naming "name" "year". But if you are doing it for work shouldn't you use ALL of your best stuff, not just from the recent year?

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Feb 27, 2007 at 6:06:23 pm

Doesn't open or play. I would prefer not to download your video so I can watch it. Perhaps you need to work on a better way of showing your demo.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Feb 27, 2007 at 6:06:28 pm

Doesn't open or play. I would prefer not to download your video so I can watch it. Perhaps you need to work on a better way of showing your demo.

Return to posts index

rbengtsson
on Feb 27, 2007 at 8:21:48 pm

Thats weird, it's normal sorensor 3 codec. I usually prefer downloading quicktime files over watching the in the browser/flash player. Maybe that's just me.. Anyway it might be a problem with the site. Im using Sitesled.com since I don't have the money for a real webiste and i haven't really needed one for work, yet :). So i just use this one. Please try again in a while, it stops working from time to time..

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Feb 27, 2007 at 10:36:55 pm

The sad part about this day and age is you have to be very careful what you download to your computer. I believe that your file started playing 10 minutes after I clicked on your link, unfortunately I had to do something else and didn't have a chance to look at it. Sorry.

Return to posts index

KennBaynard
on Mar 10, 2007 at 9:26:53 pm

If I were an employer, and had received this link in a resume or e-mail, I wouldn't have bothered to go the extra step to ask you why it wasn't playing for me when I clicked on it. Personal preferences aside, you have to make it easy for someone to view.

Return to posts index

rbengtsson
on Mar 19, 2007 at 5:53:11 pm

Yah, thanks.
But does anyone know why it takes so long for it to load? Is it just because of the filesize?
I saved it out from ae with these settings to still keep some of the quality.
Im not quite sure on how big reels usually are but on cgtalk.com the demo reels there are usually over 20mb's.
How do you usually compress your reels?
Thanks for your comments.

Return to posts index

Jason Shreve
on May 16, 2007 at 2:06:54 pm

When you export the quicktime file you have to check the "prepare for internet streaming" box. Then set it on "Fast Start." This will allow someone to be able to view what has already been downloaded. They'll still have to wait to see the whole thing, but at least it lets them start.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]