FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thumbs up or thumbs down on my editing demo reel?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaz Shukat
Thumbs up or thumbs down on my editing demo reel?
on Feb 11, 2007 at 3:38:12 am

What do you think of my slightly tongue in cheek demo reel?

Watch my chazmo promo at http://www.chazmoedit.com

Return to posts index

Mike_S
Re: Thumbs up or thumbs down on my editing demo reel?
on Feb 11, 2007 at 2:16:07 pm

Like the cheek. Like the attitude. Like the experience.

Don't like - the music in the short promo. One more promo using Simply the Best (or We are the Champions, or Proud, or We Will Rock You, or no, that's enough for today.) Properly licensed I hope? So sad - there are hundreds of promos with these few tracks out there. Hard to look distinctive in that company. Don't know that you made it ... And it's hard to show any editing feel beyond cut-to-music when you let the track drive the edit like that ..... next.

Detail - the page titles on your html pages don't link to the content of the pages ... hmm.

AND you say you major in humor and narrative fiction, but this wasn't backed up in the short promo nor in the first part of the longer-form reel (before I got bored with views of roller coasters and tuned out .... eek!

Otherwise, great stuff!

Return to posts index

Dylbot
on Feb 12, 2007 at 7:50:13 pm

basically; I don't understand your reel.

have you editted 90210, superman, etc? I'm not exactly sure if this showcases your editing skills, as the name-dropping kind of overides it.

perhaps if you had some more sustained editing sequences, instead of letting the editing of the reel talk for itself.

Sorry for not being very constructive, it's early and I'm just killing time before work.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Feb 12, 2007 at 10:34:08 pm

I get what you're trying to do, and it's okay....but i wouldn't put all of this copyrighted material on your website. By the way you could have found better clips to use that would show more creativity. Otherwise I don't see the point. I agree with the music choice...The best? sheeesh.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Feb 17, 2007 at 9:52:13 pm

the long form was interesting, but too long - I think the title sequence for cash cab, if you cut it, and maybe a minute of the show would suffice.

Agree with the others, the promo is in no sense of the word, a "promo." Not for you anyway.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]