FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Demo reel
on Feb 3, 2007 at 1:33:17 am

Hi all,
I would like some feedback on my latest motion graphics/computer animation reel. Theres alot of little stuff wrong with it but sometimes its difficult to know what other people see.
This was alot longer, now it moves pretty quick. This page is REALLY valuable to beginners and pro's alike. Reading what people say about this and that reel has greatly benefitted me already.
Thank you in advance for your responses.

Return to posts index

Re: Demo reel
on Feb 13, 2007 at 11:24:20 pm

I have to say that I really like your reel. The music sounds almost custom which is rare for reels. Also, you use common shapes in uncommon ways which tells me you do very well with the materials you are given, and have an eye for a quality presentation.

That being said, here are my suggestions.

You have to figure that some people are going to only watch the first part of your reel so be careful with how much of that dolphin stuff you want to show all together at the front. Mix and match it (ie the bicycle stuff.) At first, I thought the entire reel was going to be the graphics package for that one project with sea life.

Your motion graphics are all quite geometric. Squares, rectangles, etc. I was really hoping there'd be something else that used uncommon shapes and styles.

Work on that text. Especially the end. It looks like a canned text effect from some plugin and is a weak ender.

I don't feel that you need the white text at the beginning and end to tell us what we're about to watch. I'd create something more captivating visually to tell us who you are at the end.

Very good start though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved