FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few questions for you

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Rice
A few questions for you
on Jan 30, 2007 at 10:20:31 pm

I am looking to start a resume writing/consulting service (geared specifically to the news and entertainment industry) and, before I get too involved, need to do some market research. I

Return to posts index

mikegn
Re: A few questions for you
on Jan 30, 2007 at 11:03:31 pm

[Tim Rice] "So my first question is- What would you pay?
What would you pay for someone to look over your resume and offer just feedback/things to change?
What would you pay for someone to completely rewrite your resume and email back to you a .doc, .txt and .pdf files?
What would you pay for someone to completely rewrite your resume and email back to you a .doc, .txt and .pdf files plus a one hour phone consultation?
Would you use a service like this? Why? Or why not?"

1) I would pay a maximum of $20 per resume. If it costs more than that, I can go to a headhunter and get the same advice.
2) For the rewrite, $50 per resume.
3) Re-write plus consultation would be worth maybe $75.

I'd like to say that all these ideas are good, but would not be worth the money if the person doing the consultation was not at one time a high ranking HR person or hiring manager for an entertainment company/ studio/ post house/ TV network. The entertainment field has NOTHING in common with 99% of the world's occupations; for instance, most companies would hire a high school dropout with a good recommendation and a reel over a Film PhD from NYU. That's a fact. I know several people with masters degrees working in the vault, while the artist I work with has an associates degree in drawing. Go figure.

Depending on who you have to do the consultation, the value/price of your service is highly variable....

"Roto is not a skill, it's a job."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]