FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to post Demo Reel?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer O
Where to post Demo Reel?
on Jan 26, 2007 at 2:35:05 pm

Hello,

I am a broadcast designer, and do not have my own web site yet. I do need, however, to post my reel quickly for people to review? Where is the best place to post my reel? How would I find out the specs for the best quality render to post on a website? Any feedback would be great!!

Thanks
Jen O

Return to posts index

mikegn
Re: Where to post Demo Reel?
on Jan 26, 2007 at 9:58:12 pm

If you have no web site and are extremely hard up, youtube and myspace could be a quick fix. However, if you have ANY cash, get yourself a .mac account or a ftp host; any respectable client will want you to be as professional as they are, and that means postsing it someplace that is secure and somewhat private. There are some online site that will host an ftp site for you, for a fee....google it and good luck!

"Roto is not a skill, it's a job."

Return to posts index

grafxflow
Re: Where to post Demo Reel?
on Feb 6, 2007 at 10:23:13 pm

Hi,

Pity you don't have your own website. If you did you would have complete control over the look and the playback quality of your showreel. If you where to go down this route I believe flv would be the best, it's what I always use.

Obviously if time is against you then go via the youtube route, but more long term think seriously about getting a dedicated website for yourself.

Hope this helps.
grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]