FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo reel on DVD???

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer O
Demo reel on DVD???
on Jan 23, 2007 at 5:03:32 pm

Hello,

I feel silly asking this question but...

It has been many years since I have had to present a demo reel and the norm back then was on Beta. Now I guess it is on DVD. How would I render it out from AfterEffects to be able to put it to DVD? I don't think it is a simple as rendering a QT and burning that to a DVD...

How do you get it so the DVD I deliver is put into the computer and just plays for the viewer?

Help...

Thanks
Jen O

Return to posts index

mikegn
Re: Demo reel on DVD???
on Jan 23, 2007 at 11:35:38 pm

Depends on what you're trying to show on your reel....if you're an director/ producer/ audio guy, then iMovie on a mac will create a "play only" dvd (meaning that you can't copy the files from it onto your desktop), which will work just fine for you. If you're an editor/ motion graphics/ compositor/ 3D animator, you might want something a little fancier, like from DVD studio Pro or Sonic DVD or Adobe Encore DVD. Those applications all work on a desktop and canburn you a fairly professional looking dvd reel. As long as the content is good, the packaging/ DVD interface is secondary.

"Roto is not a skill, it's a job."

Return to posts index

SomethingMisleading
on Jan 24, 2007 at 9:08:32 am

You can also burn directly to dvd from Premiere, it will be a play only no menu dvd as well. In that case you just render out a microsoft dv and import that to a timeline.

http://www.somethingmisleading.com

Return to posts index

dylbot
on Jan 25, 2007 at 8:30:22 pm

ITs really easy to burn a DVD right out of Premier, just in case that freaked you out at all; just use the work area bar on your timeline to select the inpoint to outpoint of the DVD and then go File.Export.export to DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]