FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mostvaluableplayer
New Demo Reel
on Jan 15, 2007 at 8:41:37 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback on my Demo Reel and Portfolio site. I posted a while back but got no input.
Thanks for your time,

http://www.mheid.dreamhosters.com

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: New Demo Reel
by
on Jan 16, 2007 at 9:12:13 pm

Very nice reel! Pretty stuff. I like the flow of the reel. Nice music choice. What was your role in these samples. Were you the producer? editor? Did you create the graphics? I love several of the graphic treatments!

Return to posts index

mostvaluableplayer
on Jan 16, 2007 at 9:55:53 pm

Thanks. I did all the editing, graphics, and 3D. Perhaps that should be made clear on the homepage. Thanks again for your input.

Return to posts index

maxrez
on Jan 17, 2007 at 9:18:32 pm

Michael,

I enjoyed the demo reel. The pacing and footage are excellent. What are you marketing yourself as? a shooter or editor or both? Without a title on the demo reel as to who and what, it is hard to tell. You may need to adjust you website to reflect that as well. It will help brand your talent towards the type of work you seek. As a stand alone piece you may need an intro and an ending that identifies you and the type of work you would like to do also. Are you pursuing your own business or are you looking to work for a production house? Maybe a bigger city might suit you. Make sure you brand the DVD Demo with the graphics from your website. I see far too many white labels out there. Thanks for sharing your talents at the COW.

Steve

Return to posts index

mostvaluableplayer
on Jan 17, 2007 at 10:17:34 pm

Thanks for your input. I will work on the website and try to clear up any confusion. My goal is in fact to land a job at a production house in a bigger city. Ideally it accompanies an email explaining what I'm after.

Thanks Again,
Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]