on Jan 15, 2007 at 8:00:51 pm

Goto:

Thanks

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: New Demo Reel
by
on Jan 16, 2007 at 9:07:04 pm

Looks like you do some great work...although youtube does not do it justice. The quallity is very grainy. I'm not sure what you're trying to demo...is it editing, motion graphics, or shooting?

Also, the music is VERY annoying... Hated it. Lastly is Voodoo your company name?, because I felt there was too much Vodoo stuff in the demo, especially in the beginning. I also think you need a bigger end.

Nice effects though.

Return to posts index

Christopher Guerrero
on Jan 17, 2007 at 3:01:21 pm

Thanks for the comments.

I shoot, edit, produce, and do all the motion graphics.

The music was that bad? Alright I'll have too rethink it.

Voodoo is not my company its a client. Its just a fun one.

But again thanks for taking time to comment.

Return to posts index

Brandon
on Jan 18, 2007 at 9:07:38 am

I really like all your stuff, but some of the clips were a bit long, but actually I didn't mind because I really liked your work. Also, I disagree about the music, I liked it, wasn't over bearing, and fit well with the overall feel and look. I can see how you could make it more up beat and flashier with faster music, which would be kind of cool. Yes, I agree that youtube does not do it justice, but what else are you suppose to do if you don't have your own website? Very good work.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Jan 18, 2007 at 10:20:53 pm

Here's my response to Brandon's comments. The music sounds like it's about to go somewhere and never does. I just thought you could find a better song that wouldn't cause the viewer to go psycho.

Second there are many other options for posting on this forum. many folks just post a QT file or a windows file. I think YouTube does not allow you to show quality. At least on YOUR video. That's like Best Buy demonstrating a new HDTV but having a poor SD snowy image. Would you buy that TV?

Return to posts index

Brandon
on Jan 23, 2007 at 1:59:00 am

I respect and agree your thoughts on the music, but again, I like it.

Return to posts index

r3ckless
on Jan 24, 2007 at 10:12:17 am

ok, first of all the reel needs to be WAYY shorter. 2 1/2 minutes is rediculous. make it 30 seconds and find a better song cause you were putting me to sleep there. WAYYY too long and no climax. you do good work, but you're showing too much of the same stuff over and over. Tease the viewer, make them want more.

Return to posts index

Christopher Guerrero
on Jan 27, 2007 at 9:49:38 pm

I agree but 1:30-2:00 is the standard Post house reel. I do have more stuff that show verity. But I can only work on my demo it between gigs.

The only problem I have making it shorter is that I have mainly been hired to do long format work, not 1-5sec commercial stuff, wrong place wrong time. So I have to redo everything, converting pieces from 30sec to 3 or 5sec.

But to make the demo better I'll just have to do it. Ehh. It;ll be good practice.

Thank for all your comments they really do help with perspective. But 30 sec I don't know about that. Post a link too your demo for an example.

Thanks again,

Guerero

Return to posts index

r3ckless
on Jan 28, 2007 at 12:34:33 am

Sure ok i'll show you my reel. I think it's decent, but now that I'm learning C4D I'd like to incorporate a lot more 3d into my work soon. http://www.clutchandshift.com ... click on "2006 Video Reel". Your input is welcome as well.

Return to posts index

Christopher Guerrero
on Jan 28, 2007 at 1:29:12 am

I liked it nice and clean but too short. Just Kidding. What partical effect did you use?
Tradcode?

Return to posts index

r3ckless
on Jan 28, 2007 at 1:43:29 am

thanks man. yah, particular.

Return to posts index

Chaz Shukat
on Feb 11, 2007 at 3:09:47 am

Great! And I really liked the music, it was certainly not your typical demo reel music.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]