FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editor Demo Reel - Suggestions/Criticisms?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian  curp
Editor Demo Reel - Suggestions/Criticisms?
on Nov 21, 2006 at 9:23:40 pm

HI everyone, I just found out about creative cow recently... It's a really great place!

So I've finished up my first editing Demo Reel and am looking for any input or thoughts on it. I tried to make it show different things I've done, including shorts, documentary, and promo video.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get work experience, since all of the stuff on this reel is basically things I've done for school or fun (and for free).

I apprecate anyone taking the time to look at it.

-Brian

Reel Link (about 15 mb)

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Editor Demo Reel - Suggestions/Criticisms?
by
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:02:10 pm

Brian,

Does any of your footage have audio with it? Audio also demonstrates editing skill. It's much more than just cutting footage to one music bed. From what you've shown here, I can't begin to determine your talent level.

Return to posts index

Afterimage1
Re: Editor Demo Reel - Suggestions/Criticisms?
on Jan 14, 2007 at 5:21:51 am

Hi Brian,

I agree with Greg; the reel doesn't really showcase your editing skill at all. Also, I don't think it helps that the acting and the picture quality of a lot of the shots looks very amateur. I would suggest using only footage that is shot at a minimum of miniDV as far as quality. Read the articles in the latest COW magazine; one covers the subject of demo reels and the other talks about some of the After Effects gurus and how they got their careers started.
One big picture idea: you can create your own "content" even if it's not tied to a project that you've worked on using stock footage, etc.
Best of luck with your career.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]