FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Reel for feedback

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
derek drouin
Editing Reel for feedback
on Nov 6, 2006 at 11:35:29 pm

Hello,

This is my first demo reel, and its a bit rough (one piece has unfinished greenscreen) and I would very much appreciate some criticism.

I am hoping this reel can start me down the path of film trailers or commercials. So any comments with that in mind would be great.

Thank you very much for you time.

Derek Drouin
diginaut3000@yahoo.com

http://dogmatic.com/clients/derek/editreel.mov

Return to posts index

derek drouin
Re: whoops, needs a password:
on Nov 6, 2006 at 11:38:58 pm

ttp://dogmatic.com/clients/derek/editreel.mov

username: clients1
password: review1

Thanks again!

Derek Drouin

Return to posts index

derek drouin
Ok, seriously this time:
on Nov 6, 2006 at 11:51:12 pm

http://dogmatic.com/clients/derek/editreel.mov

username: clients1
password: review1

Return to posts index

person
Re: Editing Reel for feedback
on Nov 11, 2006 at 5:48:37 am

first of 1. need to make it okay to see without password. 2nd of 2. need to make it a smaller file. no comments about reel because of 1 and 2.

Return to posts index

boydmcc
Re: Editing Reel for feedback
on Nov 20, 2006 at 3:47:10 pm

The password and files sizes didn't bother me. You could make a smaller version for those who can't or don't want to download a larger file.

As for the reel itself, it looks good. Since you are doing complete commercials, I'd separate each with a some black or a title slug so I know what I'm about to watch - it's not a stretch that you'd be able to do transitions.

Don't take this the wrong way, but based on the objective you mention it your post, my question is how much of this work did you do? You state that you hope to start down the path of doing trailers and commercials, yet these commercials (and the clients), indicate that not only have you started down the path, you quite a ways down it. I went to the Dogmatic homepage, and there's quite a bit of commercial work that it is doing. Are you an editor with them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]