FORUMS: list search recent posts

Logo Design...Please Comment

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PhilGold
Logo Design...Please Comment
on Oct 29, 2006 at 3:31:02 am

Here is a set of logos my graphic designer created for our company http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/thekidphilly/reelizelogos.jpg

We are having a hard time picking one. Does anybody have any comments or suggestions that could help our process? Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
Re: Logo Design...Please Comment
on Oct 29, 2006 at 4:56:15 pm

I will offer my 2 cents to help you out.

The Blue one in my opinion is no good. It looks too 1990 and gives the impression of an out of date company.

The bottom left one, Last One, is no good in my opinion either, because it is too hard to read , the word REELIZE. You dont want someone to have to struggle to read what your name is.

The second and third ones are ok. I love the grunge text. but they are not working for me either.

But the 4th one, with the Media on the second line and right aligned is awsome. I think it is the best! HAve the film stock leading up to the MEDIA word works really well. Leads the eye to the word itself. But, I would vote to have you change the font face of the word REELIZE. I think that font choice is too simplistic contrasting with the Grungy MEDIA word. The serif font is destroying the logo's punch....pow...effect.

Maybe you can try the Impact style font that is on the 2nd and 3rd logos in replace of the serif font on the 4th logo. That could work. Or find another grungy font that is bold and does not over power the MEDIA word.

i just want to add again that the way the film stock is placed on that 4th logo is tight. ingenious in my opinion. The other ones with their film stock incorporation seem too common.

later.

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Oct 30, 2006 at 10:08:22 am

ReelEYES ...

Return to posts index

philgold
on Oct 30, 2006 at 11:48:39 pm

Hi, thanks for the time to respond to my post. We all thought that your feedback was very well put and made sense. So I had my designer whip up another batch based off of some of your responses along with our own personal ideas and this is what we came up with. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/thekidphilly/reelizelogos2.jpg Here is the revised versions. Please feel free to drop another critique. Thanks aagin in advance

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:45:25 am

I think the logos with the piece of film that goes under the word MEDIA is best looking. Real nice effect.

The font choices work well too. Looks professional. The grungy fonts could have made your company look too young, or edgy.

As for the Gradients on the text.....i think it causes the word MEDIA to be hard to read. HOw about trying the logos without the beveled edges and the gradients. To me it looks like a designer who wants to use the layer styles in photoshop, but doesnt really know how to tweak them, and is causing the image of the REELIZE company to suffer.

try these samples and post them. id like to see how they look:

-black reelize, black media, black film strip.
-gray reelize, black media, black strip
-black reelize, red media, black strip - this could be a winner.
-black reelize, gray media, black strip

i dont' think you should use the BLUE or the RED strip because Film is not those colors. Film is BLACK which is why the film strip should be black no matter what.

Return to posts index

Terry Hahin
on Nov 1, 2006 at 6:00:22 pm

Hi,
at first glance it made me think of a hockey team's logo.

If i had to pick one I'd say the 4th. The gradients are all awkward to me. They just add a color hue,
but look a little out of date to me.

Good Luck,
Terry

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Nov 6, 2006 at 10:16:58 pm

first one.

-trevor ward
http://www.redeyevideoproductions.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

hawkep
on Nov 8, 2006 at 2:05:09 am

Not to rain on your parade but I own the trademark to the name Reelize. Not sure if that is a name you would like to go forward with. It is actually a thriving business in Chicago at this time. It is actually a thriving business in Chicago.

Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to discuss further

Sorry,

Ed Ponagai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]