My new logo --- your thoughts

http://www.mdfilms.net/mdlogo.jpg

Thanks for your time

Mike D

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
Re: New Logo Design
on Oct 25, 2006 at 4:58:43 pm

The logo has a good look, but do you have to use red? Red is not a very TV friendly color and could cause problems in the future. Maybe you could stick to blue, like on your website?

Also, what if you could incorporate the D into the block structure as well. Maybe the D could cover the area of the bottom right 4 red blocks somehow.
just a thought.

Return to posts index

Michael DeMattia
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:01:53 pm

look closer -- the d is there

Thanks for for checking it out

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:09:59 pm

[mr_gfx] "Also, what if you could incorporate the D into the block structure as well. Maybe the D could cover the area of the bottom right 4 red blocks somehow.
just a thought."

The "d" is there but just in lower case.

-gl

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:11:30 pm

I like the general look of it. What's the meaning behind the squares? I think the red is fine as long as it isn't 255 0 0. or in other words pure red.

-gl

Return to posts index

Michael DeMattia
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:14:20 pm

The blocks will animate with video or pictures. It is 255 red -- whats the problem with that. All the graphics designer never said it was a problem,

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:19:57 pm

My question about the block is how do they add meaning to the logo? Is there some motivation behind it other than it looks cool?

The problem with 255 red is that it tends to bleed in NTSC. If you tone it done by mixing in some other color it will help that.

-gl

Return to posts index

Michael DeMattia
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:23:06 pm

not really any meaning behind the block expect for the letters and adding video or images behind or in each block.

I've uploaded all the looks under the same file -- click the link in my first post to see.

Thanks again for checking it out

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Oct 26, 2006 at 8:38:51 pm

Why is the MD capital in the name, but the D is Lowercase in the logo?

Visually that does not make sense. If the D was lowercase in the name, MdFilms, then the lowercase D in the logo will work. Otherwise not in my opinion.

I dont like the grey logo on white. Too muted and makes the company seem boring to me. But on black it is fine.

I like the Red and Gray on white though. That one speaks out to me the most. How about changing the red to blue and see how that works. It would match your website better too. If you did red, would you change your website color scheme to reflect it?

Also, maybe try this, add a gradient to the logo in some way. Instead of full red blocks. maybe a dark red that gradiets down to 0 percent opacity in the logo. Could work maybe?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]