FORUMS: list search recent posts

new demo reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Romaneck
new demo reel
on Oct 18, 2006 at 7:55:56 pm

Here's my demo reel. Let me know what you think! Any input is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

steross
Re: new demo reel
on Oct 23, 2006 at 5:56:56 pm

Hi Kyle

I thought there was some cool stuff in there. I especially liked the character animation from the second half to the end, timed well with the music kicking in. I think the first few opening clips werent as impressive though (aside from the guitar playing squid thing, which was ace!) and there was a little repetition with the bee clip.

The 3d stuff felt a little out of place with the rest of the overall style of the reel but I guess it illustrates you can hack 3d character animation, which is a pro.

Another thing which I'm split on is the VFX compositing fighting stuff. On one hand I suppose it shows variety of ability but the motion graphics stuff is definitely your thing.

Nice signature little dude thing logo too.

All in All I liked it, but the stuff I really liked is the motion grahics characters.

Cheers!
Stephen

Return to posts index

Kyle Romaneck
on Oct 27, 2006 at 2:01:11 am

Thank you very much for the critique. I do see what you're saying about the opening clips, maybe I'll mix it up a bit and put the 3-D guy later, I know he doesn't look as polished as the vector 2D stuff. I also see what you mean about the live action VFX clips not quite fitting in. I wanted to show that I have a variety of skills, but maybe I'll just fill it in with more quality stuff as opposed to variety.

Thanks again for the comments, they were really constructive.

Now anybody else wanna join in? Please?

Return to posts index

Frosch
on Oct 30, 2006 at 2:29:34 pm

What in God's name is on that plate "from the Rising Sun"?????

I liked everything except the 3-D video game guy. Loved the octupus as well.

Return to posts index

Kyle Romaneck
on Oct 31, 2006 at 6:05:53 pm

Cool thanks. The thing on the plate is shrimp tempura, a particularly left-the-whole-shrimp-including-its-face version of shrimp tempura.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]