FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reel critique

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steross
Reel critique
on Oct 18, 2006 at 7:39:01 pm

Hello

I'm looking for some pointers on my motion graphics showreel as I've recently graduated from University. I'd like to know which clips felt out of place (or just plain bad), any comments on timing, flow, overall style, music etc would be appreciated.

I realise my site is lacking and I'm currently working on that, but any constructive criticism on my reel is welcome!

I can take it! Come on!

Stephen

Return to posts index

steross
LINK
on Oct 18, 2006 at 7:42:28 pm

Ok not such a great start, I forgot the link.

http://www.mungomoss.co.uk

Stephen

Return to posts index

Kyle Romaneck
Re: LINK
on Oct 19, 2006 at 9:12:49 pm

You've got some nice looking work, and the length of the reel is good. The song goes well with the visuals (just out of curiosity, what band is that?).

I think you should use a different shot for the opening work after your logo, as opposed to the "turn TV off" clip. The clip is nice, but doesn't grab me as strongly as some later clips in the reel, and you really want to grab the viewer right in the beginning with really striking visuals. Maybe switch it with the "2006 and beyond" clip.

The clip in the middle with the map is too long without a break. It hangs in the middle when the camera waits on Lisbon and doesn't have the same fast-paced energy of the rest of the piece. Maybe break it up by putting a small clip from a different piece after the camera pans to Lisbon, and then cut back to the clip for the end action with the plain flying to Africa.

Aside from these little qualms the reel is very nice and tight, you have a good variety of styles and it looks pretty pro.

Return to posts index

steross
Re: LINK
on Oct 23, 2006 at 6:04:10 pm

Thanks for your kind words and Pointers, much appreciated.

I think Youre right about the begginning clip, I will swap it out. The map also, it pretty much dominates the second half.

The song is called I aint sayin my goodbyes and its by a guy called Tom Vek. His album 'We have sound' is well worth a listen.

Stephen

Return to posts index

steross
Re: Reel critique
on Oct 26, 2006 at 6:02:00 pm

Anyone else??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]