FORUMS: list search recent posts

My First Demo reel, Please watch it and comment.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reloaded
My First Demo reel, Please watch it and comment.
on Oct 3, 2006 at 12:36:57 pm

I need your opinion.
http://media.putfile.com/max-midia-demo-reel

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: My First Demo reel, Please watch it and comment.
by
on Oct 5, 2006 at 1:46:59 am

I Liked it alot...For a first time reel it was great. However i think the first part after the logo with the dancer was not your best work and took too much of the reel. It also need to be longer.

The one thing that stood out was how you integrated all the sections together - great work on that :)

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Oct 5, 2006 at 11:29:20 am

Thanks for you comment, kind words and advices.

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Oct 5, 2006 at 3:58:33 pm

Good. I'd hire you based on what I saw. I liked your logo and how you animated it. I liked the transition elements you used for each clip and how they exploded at the end. The only thing I didn't like was that the tempo of the song was very quick, but the clips were all kind of slow. Especially the first one with the girl and 3d layers.

-trevor ward
http://www.redeyevideoproductions.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Oct 9, 2006 at 4:47:43 pm

Great Job!! I like the music, energy and transitions. You did exactly what a demo reel is supposed to do...you left me wanting to see more!

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Oct 10, 2006 at 11:34:32 am

Thanks for all your comments. They are really important.

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Oct 10, 2006 at 9:44:33 pm

i think you opening logo could be shorter. it takes to long to finish having the rings come in. i got kind of bored honestly.

the gyroscope effect was a nice touch though.

i think the orange girl thing was too slow too. That is my biggest complaint about the reel is everything moves so slowly. speed things up a bit for us ADHD kids! :)

anyways....

from a motion graphic artist standpoint your reel can be improved a lot if you did two simple things........

1. create a really cool looking box to go around the clips that you are showing. the plain white one makes it not as cool as it could be.

2. and then make a cooler background instead of the blue with white boxes that incorporates the new looking box. too simple in my eyes. maybe add a copy of the image that is in the box to the background, scaled up a whole lot and dropped in opacity or something.

the concept you have going on is really cool (the way all images come from the box and leave in the box which goes into the background) it could just be improved upon and make your reel hot.

just my opinions

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Oct 11, 2006 at 7:11:23 pm

Thanks for all the advices.

Return to posts index

Hattori Hanzo
Agreed and
on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:23:44 pm

Since you're using rings for your logo, you might consider introducing some of your many squares as fitting in rings instead. Maybe it will work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]