FORUMS: list search recent posts

my editing demo reel for critique

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott_ch
my editing demo reel for critique
on Oct 3, 2006 at 1:31:01 am

Hi,

I'm an editor looking for some constructive criticism.

Thank you in advance for any advice or comments.

You can find my reel at - http://www.iedit.tv

just click on "demo reel".

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
Re: my editing demo reel for critique
on Oct 3, 2006 at 8:25:51 pm

i think this is the best editor's reel i have ever seen!

each edit seems flawless to me. i am astounded by your skills.....how did you get to where you are today? i inspire to edit like you and have such flawless cuts...

Return to posts index

scott_ch
on Oct 3, 2006 at 11:32:02 pm

Thanks, thanks a lot. I'm glad you like it. I try and pay attention to detail.

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Oct 4, 2006 at 2:55:04 pm

how did you gain those editing skills? the timing of cuts, shot choices....any tips you can share??

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Oct 5, 2006 at 4:06:53 pm

You have skillz! As an editor, you are not trying to sell motion graphics and that isn't there and that is good. Based on what I saw as your skill level, I'd hire you to edit for me. the only comment I have about the reel is that it's a little long. Maybe just out the jeep thing and the last fashion show thing.

-trevor ward
http://www.redeyevideoproductions.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

scott_ch
on Oct 5, 2006 at 11:02:02 pm

Trev,

Good lookin' out on the advice. I'll admit, it seems a little long to me as well, but I can't decide which clip to take out. I'm trying to get more responses to see what others think.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Oct 9, 2006 at 1:31:50 pm

Really, really, really amazing.
I love it. I wish I could edit like you. Actually I saved your demo reel to watch it over and over again, maybe it helps me.
The only bad thing is the duration, kind of long. I'd cut the Basketball part and also the last fashion show, I'm not telling they are not good (they really are) but the Basketball is the less interesting (just my opinion) and you already have an excellent Fashion show at the begining (my favorite one).

Man, congratulations.

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Oct 9, 2006 at 1:59:05 pm

Man, you are the best editor I've ever seen, I'd like you to tell me what you think of my demo, it's a different job, I like to work with motion graphics, but your opinion is extremelly important now.
http://media.putfile.com/max-midia-demo-reel

thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Oct 10, 2006 at 5:54:04 pm

i personally think that the "digitallife" spot should be taken out.

i think it is good reflection of your ability to create a 'grungy' style but compared to the other spots it is not as strong in my eyes.

also, maybe you could cut the jeep guy walking up to the camera. that clip is long and slows down the reel. i get the point of it, to allow a resting point for the viewer so you can hit the quick again with the mercedes spot, but maybe deleting it could make the reel seem quicker.

i also like the basketball and fashion one at the end too.

so my opinion is......in order......

p.diddy clip, then basketball clip, then jeep clip without the guy walking toward the camera, then mercedes suv clip, fashion show clip.

Return to posts index

peterock
on Oct 28, 2006 at 1:53:24 am

it's okay this reel ,but far from the best i've ever seen
it does not impress me too much.
just writing this because of the comments before

greetz
peter

Return to posts index

scott_ch
on Oct 28, 2006 at 3:13:27 am

Thanks for your honest critique Peter. That's what I'm looking for. If you can point me in the direction of some of the best you have ever seen, I'd be glad to take notes.

Thanks again for your opinion and I thank you in advance for the links.

Scott.

Peace.

Return to posts index

splice  me in
on Dec 12, 2006 at 5:33:24 pm

i liked your reel. it's good, it's fast, but i don't see the point of the sean john clip in the end. is that associated with the fashion show? if it is, i would somehow work it into the fashion show and with the lady talking, i can't understand what she is saying, so subtitles would be key for that and what is the point of the interview with tyler? if there is no other supporting elements for it, i would cut that clip out entirely.

about the basketball clip: i really like it. you used the FX in your NLE and 1 plug-in. that shows you are fast and resourceful and that you can work with alpha channels.

about the mercedes clip: a little long, unless you wanted to show the ad in it's entirety. if this is the case, show the tail graphics.

about the digitalife clip: good. don't cut it by any means. it has substance.

about the fashion show: mentioned above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]