FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Reel Suggestions

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheDanimal
Demo Reel Suggestions
on Sep 18, 2006 at 1:47:02 am

So I've worked for my church for about a year and im no pro at after effects but im competent in it. I decided it was time to throw together a demo reel. I'm looking for suggestions on how i can improve upon it. Also I'm not really sure if the term visual effects artist applys to me, i just tagged myself as that for lack of better options. Most of my work is text based so would i be considered a Titler? Anyways, suggestions are welcome before i finalize it and send it into the real world. And thanks andrew kramer for the tutorials, i used the reflection tutorial almost verbatim for one project.

Return to posts index

rafalaos
Re: Demo Reel Suggestions
on Sep 18, 2006 at 5:48:06 am

Hi,
You got a nice article about how to prepare a demo-reel in Kenstone bew site. The author is Bill Davis.
Salud,
rafael

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Sep 18, 2006 at 2:41:04 pm

Well, I've been told a demo reel must have a duration from 1 to 2 minutes not to bore the audience.
There is a community here at creative cow specyfic for Demo reels, take a look at it.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Sep 18, 2006 at 8:43:35 pm

Not bad....depends on what you're looking to accomplish with the reel. You obviously have some talent, but you need more under your belt to grow. Why not try other things and add them to your reel.

Return to posts index

TheDanimal
on Sep 19, 2006 at 2:40:03 am

yeah i need a bigger body of work, only been at it a year. I'm trying to get into cinema 4d as well, to add that 4th dimension to my work. i hear its pretty user friendly.

Return to posts index

pwaszak
on Sep 19, 2006 at 3:59:26 pm

C4D's great . . . really easy learning curve and AFX friendly. If I were you, I'd pick up the Lynda CD tutorials . . . they're excellent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]