FORUMS: list search recent posts

Second Cut! Look Out Now I SAID GRRRRRRR.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh
Second Cut! Look Out Now I SAID GRRRRRRR.
by
on Sep 7, 2006 at 5:54:55 am

http://www.vfs.com/~jjohnson/reel/reel2.swf

Here is my second attempt.
Maybe the music is not for everyone. Let me know what you think.

I am looking for brutal criticism. But would appreciate any feedback at all.

Here is the link to my first attempt

http://www.vfs.com/~jjohnson/reel/reel.swf

and the thread that went along with it.

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=173&postid=...

Thanks for looking everyone.
Josh

Return to posts index

DavePotts
Re: Second Cut! Look Out Now I SAID GRRRRRRR.
on Sep 7, 2006 at 9:57:04 pm

I love it. Your reel was actually fun to watch, and the music is great. What is it? You've got a nice variety of work in there, my only crit might be that the second sequence (with the bus) probably isn't the strongest on the reel. Nice to see a reel that doesn't have a techno/house/big beat soundtrack. Not that those are bad, just a little played out.

Dave Potts
Combustion/Lightwave/Photoshop Monkey
UNC Charlotte Broadcast Communications

Return to posts index

josh
by
on Sep 8, 2006 at 1:26:36 pm

Thanks.
The song is by Lulu ... umm ... I think its called I'm a tiger.

Thanks for the critique, that bus sequence was my first 3D piece so I have an emotional attachment to it. I think it looks great ... cause it took me forever. heh. I'll look for something stronger to put there.

- Josh

Return to posts index

Terry Hahin
on Sep 15, 2006 at 2:16:48 pm

Hello Josh,
I like your work. There is a great deal of humor and vibrant color. Your music piece fits well the second time around. Upbeat, short and humorous...a good choice.
One thing I noticed on my machine was that the quality on your compression is not too hot. Bad pixellation (The Text at the end is REALLY chunky) and a VERY LONG wait time to have it download means that the way you have your flash project set up is not the most optimal. I have always had the best luck with a progressive downloadable FLV file, not embedded in the project.

Hope that helps, and good luck
Terry

Return to posts index

mjcxtreme
on Sep 27, 2006 at 6:14:18 am

I like the bus part i dont really have a problem with that part. I think your stongest pieces r the red bathroom sign guy, and the squid piece. I am just not sure why ur have your reel broken up. End of song maybe? Whatever the reason it seems weird to me. Also your work is good but lacks a strong ending. I think u should make the ending better. Hope this helps. I just graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design, heres my demo. Http://studentpages.scad.edu/~mcahil20 let me know what u think and how your doin finding a job if your lookin :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]