FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Reel Feedback Requested

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
1HDVShooter
Demo Reel Feedback Requested
on Sep 5, 2006 at 6:19:49 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking for constructive feedback on my first demo reel. Also looking for a good hosting site as Google seems to be re-encoding the file at a pretty low data rate.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4544670283447058418&hl=en

Thanks,

Greg

Return to posts index

josh
Re: Demo Reel Feedback Requested
by
on Sep 7, 2006 at 6:08:06 am

I think its a little long. I would cut it in half, the pace needs to pick up.

I would also lose the interviews at the front. maybe just one or two.

- Josh

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Sep 7, 2006 at 8:38:59 pm

I have to agree with Josh...It's a little long. Also, I really don't care for the music. I'm not sure what you're trying to show in this demo, your shooting skills?... or editing skills? If you're demoing your shooting skills, I would leave out the graphic intensive stuff.

If you want to show interviews in your demo, it wouldn't hurt to hear the sound quality of the interviews.

Very nice shooting by the way. Nice editing and graphics. You obviously have talent, it's just a matter of targeting your demo to the right people for the right gig.

Greg

Return to posts index

1HDVShooter
on Sep 8, 2006 at 12:51:53 pm

I appreciate the feedback. I'm a one man show right now doing everything from storyboard to final output so I wanted to show my full-range of skills. I wouldn't use this reel for a specific gig but rather if I were seeking a full-time Director of Video Production job.

I've shortened the reel and will bring the interview audio back and repost later.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]