FORUMS: list search recent posts

new reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin James
new reel
on Aug 14, 2006 at 8:04:29 pm

hey all,

put together a reel for the first time in a LONG time... I'm obviously not much of an editor, so any comments on the edit would be much appreciated. I already have a feeling I should cut a few of the repeats out, and maybe that long military bit at the end. Plus the bookends should probably match the tone of the rest of the reel more (I just wanted to get something done, I can replace those later) but let me know what you think!

http://www.pinknbrown.com/reel06_v1.mov

thanks
-cj

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Let me be the first to say...
on Aug 15, 2006 at 1:27:08 am

Nice work. forget the editing, you have some great stuff there. I thought I would be turned off by the repetition, but I liked the whole reel. Didn't love the music so I turned it down and let it roll.

I also liked the fact that you are designing a lot of HD animation...hats off!

You don't live near Madison WI and want to do a little freelance do you?

Nice.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Bob Blaha
Re: new reel
on Aug 15, 2006 at 12:31:26 pm

Wow!

I have been watching your stuff for quite some time now... (I love the Military/Discovery Channel{s})... I agree with Rich, the music is kind of annoying. Your bookends don't match the rest of the reel, and I also noticed at the end your info is off screen before it comes in (was that on purpse???) I.M.H.O. second to the comp, your contact info should be easy to read, and up long enough to give the viewer time to get the info.

Here's the main reason I responded (get ready for the shameless plug)... I am a recently unemployed production guy looking for work and I am local to you. Here is a link to my Demo ( http://home.comcast.net/~robertblaha/BlahaDemo.wmv ), let me know if your interested in a gun for hire for anything.

Again great portfolio! just needs some tightening up,

Bob

Return to posts index

Colin James
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:37:11 pm

the end screen, where the contact info is offscreen at first was on purpose. it works with the music...I'm glad you guys at least liked the work, because everything else can be changed. As far as having work for you, i'm staff myself so I don't have any work for you, sorry.

Thanks for the replies!

Return to posts index

Diggy_D
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:51:14 pm

Hey Man,

Stuff looks great! We all love using the Let's All Discover package at my work...I don't get to do too much stuff for Military (I'm primarily Discovery, Times, and Science promos) but as always it looks great!

-D

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Aug 16, 2006 at 2:38:08 pm

Great work, but I also didn't like the music.
When the final credits started, I thought the reel was starting again, maybe a little inetration with the last work should help (a little animation coming over the last work before it goes away).
And the last thing, make sure to create a Quicktime movie with "fast start" option, it makes us abble to see the firt frames of the animation even before the download is completed, some of your audience may not wait so long to see something.

Your work is great.

Return to posts index

Reloaded
on Aug 16, 2006 at 3:05:48 pm

"Integration"

Sorry.

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Aug 16, 2006 at 8:41:00 pm

awesome. I'd call you for work after seeing your reel.

-trevor ward
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

Jarmo
on Aug 21, 2006 at 11:34:50 pm

Great work!
It's definitely one of the best demo reels I have seen here.
the contact info off-screen in the end caught my eye too

~J
http://www.stonewashed.net/sfx.html

Return to posts index

cow
Colin James
on Aug 22, 2006 at 1:24:13 pm

thanks guys! I'm glad you all like the work overall. I'm working on some cool stuff right now, that when finished I'll integrate and re-cut based on comments. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]