on Aug 8, 2006 at 11:41:08 pm

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Demo Reel 06 Tim Howe
by
on Aug 9, 2006 at 3:25:33 pm

Tim,

I think your motion stuff is real good, but I have trouble reading your fonts. Also, perhaps you need to show some stuff full screen, because I couldn't get exactly what you were showing. If the viewer has to really search to get your message, perhaps your message isn't clear. My advice is to make it eacy for someone to understand what your demonstrating.

Return to posts index

Howe20
on Aug 9, 2006 at 8:54:42 pm

True. The gothic font is all lamed out, Next reel will be more understandable

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 12, 2006 at 11:26:08 am

Very cool music with a great beat...but you really should avoid music with swear words in them. And while motion graphics reels do well edited as a music montage, to show off your editing skills you need to show full scenes or parts of scenes. In that case, two reels might be in order.

I have 4 myself. Documentary, Narrative, Commercial and Motion Graphics/Compositing.

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

Howe20
on Aug 12, 2006 at 5:56:45 pm

Yea, most people don't pick up-"flinch you'll get a f**king gun butt to your gut"
and that's a sample of Country Joe McDonald from Woodstock, he's saying "whats that spell?" and the crowd screams back "f**k". But yes you are right, someone might be offended. I agree with what you said: I think that I should break the reel into seperate parts for editing and the graphics. Also it's good to have an "all in one" package too, for the clients you don't know that might see it.

Return to posts index

tony salgado
on Aug 19, 2006 at 4:11:46 pm

Bad choice for font type and color very difficult to read. Overall the demo took awhile for me to comprehend what exactly you where trying to showcase (motion graphics demo or individual pieces). You do not want to confuse the viewer as to what your precise message is or what your core job skills are.

Without any full screen images it was impossible to tell what was going on until nearly the end.

I am still confused if some of the work you is wedding photography or motion graphics.

This demo would have me thinking you are a motion graphics artist but I would not hire you based on the wrong selection of the font type and color as that was a major mistake.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

howe20
on Aug 23, 2006 at 9:57:55 pm

"Overall the demo took awhile for me to comprehend what exactly you where trying to showcase (motion graphics demo or individual pieces). You do not want to confuse the viewer as to what your precise message is or what your core job skills are"

the intro showed editing, motion graphics, and photography as what I do. Shane Ross suggested different reels to showcase different talents, which I'll do, but I think that an overall reel with all your talents are good too...what do you think?

Yea, I know crappy font-(earlier threads)

thanks for the suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]