FORUMS: list search recent posts

NB question: what's a breakdown?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco
NB question: what's a breakdown?
on Aug 4, 2006 at 9:40:55 am

Even if I know what that word means, I'm missing the right meaning about a reel.
Let's say I show a reel to someone and they ask for a breakdown to better understand which part of the reel is mine: what should I give them?
Simply a description of what I've done or separate clips than those that are in the reel?

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: NB question: what's a breakdown?
on Aug 4, 2006 at 1:09:30 pm

Many times, people will add a bit of text to their reel which "floats" like a lower-third (only in this case, much smaller) that changes with each clip in their reel and which highlights what they did in each sequence.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Marco
on Aug 4, 2006 at 1:23:22 pm

Thanks for your help Ron,
so basically I should add a little info-text about what I've done ... maybe next time it's better to prepare the infos as soon as the editing is ready.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Aug 5, 2006 at 2:41:01 pm

It also depends in what context they asked the question. Perhaps they might suffice with a sort of table of contents that listed the particular clip and then what you did on that clip.

That way it keeps your video clean, but still provides the info.

Update the reel, then update the text file.

You might contact them and say, "Hey, I put together this list of clips on the reel and described what role I played on each clip...would that work for you?"

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]