FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Demo, Please give comments

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Blaha
My Demo, Please give comments
on Aug 1, 2006 at 1:39:29 pm

Hi All,

Please take a look at this demo and give feedback. I am a currently unemployed (just got laid-off) corporate videdo guy and need to find work. So please hold nothing back I need feedback.

Thanks,

Bob

http://home.comcast.net/~robertblaha/BlahaDemo.wmv

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: My Demo, Please give comments
by
on Aug 1, 2006 at 8:13:12 pm

Hi Bob,

Nice footage...nice shots. However, I'm not quite sure what to think here. Is this a demo for videography work? Editing work? Both? What are you trying to demo?

Your demo really has only two videos in it. Honestly, to show more footage of the airplanes seemed pretty redundant. Although I was fascinated with the actual footage. Do you have other clips you can use? Perhaps you could use the voices from those people who are speaking on camera. Good luck..I know what it's like to get laid off. Been there...done that!

Return to posts index

Bob Blaha
on Aug 1, 2006 at 10:15:42 pm

Greg,

Thanks for the comments, and yes I am trying to show a diverse production background. A lot of the stuff I have shot/edited/wrote/... over the past 12 years is not usable due to legal reasons (corporate proprietary) and eventhough I was laid off, my stinking morals won't allow me to use it (not to mention I don't feel like being sued).

Thanks Again,

Bob

Return to posts index

btveditor
on Aug 3, 2006 at 2:42:21 pm

Good day Bob,

Your demo isn't bad if you are doing a marketing video for either airplanes or computers. I'll give you my list, overall, I thought it was too long for what you had content wise. I'd lose the talking head person all together, next since you don't have a lot to work with I'd make the overall piece much shorter. This will give it more energy, but keep you segments together. Cut the plane stuff into on vignette and the computer stuff into another vignette. Don't intercut the two as you have done now. I was not expecting to go back to airplanes after the 1st computer segment and then back to planes. What I took away from your demo is that this is all you have done in 12 years and that in your demo you had to reprise it twice. I think if you would condense these two and your open, it would look a little more polished.

btveditor, out

Return to posts index

Bob Blaha
on Aug 3, 2006 at 5:43:39 pm

Btv,

Thanks for the input. I did a remake that hopefully makes more sense. Although it does have the same footage, it is now more categorized. The reason I don't have too much in the line of variety is because of the nature of the work and mainly the corporate proprietary classification of the work. I simply can't use the stuff without running the risk of being sued.

The piece's length and layout is dictated by the length and breadth of the music. It goes from a fast to slow, to fast... and my library is very, very slim right now, it seemed like the best fit for the footage I had.

If you have the time take another look and let me know if it makes more sense now.

Again thanks for your comments,

Bob

Return to posts index

btveditor
on Aug 3, 2006 at 6:25:14 pm

Good day Bob,

I really didn't see much change to be honest with you. The woman at the top with the graphics doesn't work at all, also the balloon race comes out of nowhere. As far as the music goes, you could pullout the middle to condense your piece. There is a couple places that you could do this pull up.

btveditor, out

Return to posts index

Bob Blaha
on Aug 14, 2006 at 2:55:32 pm

Give it a whirl now. I think you may see a big change.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]