FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Updated Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pwaszak
New Updated Reel
on Jul 20, 2006 at 10:56:44 pm

Couple of new elements in here . . . tell me what you think!

http://redlynxavs.com/movie.html

Also, if anyone knows flash and can help me program a new website for an affordable rate, throw me an e-mail!

Paul

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: New Updated Reel
on Jul 22, 2006 at 10:19:29 pm

Hiya, Paul. There's some really good stuff in there. The music is great and fits the mood of the reel, the transitions between elements are really great and it really helps the piece flow from one shot to another. You've got some big names in there and some big sponsors - you're going to get the attention of some larger corporations and a lot of the broadcast market, hopefully that's what you're shooting for. Lots of sports-related footage in there too and that's a great market to attract.

I would re-think the zombie shot(s). It's interesting and pretty well done from a technical point of view but it doesn't fit the genre the rest of your material seems to fit, and it might turn off some of the corporate types who are less than open minded. If you want to keep the shots in reconsider the blood and stuff. Just my point of view, i could be wrong.

You've got a great mixture of motion graphics, compositing, editing and color correcting (with good use of glows and other filters). It's not an easy thing to put together and you've done it so kudos for that. The skater footage even went well with the rest of the footage I think.

Did you really work on the footage with brad pitt? I assume it's brad pitt in fight club but maybe it's an actor resembling him in a similar movie? It's been a long time since I've seen it. Be prepared to answer that question to those you're sending your reel to, I'm sure you'll get asked more than once.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
Kansas City, Kansas - United States

Return to posts index

pwaszak
Re: New Updated Reel
on Jul 25, 2006 at 9:16:28 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your comments. After reading your comments, I agree with you on the zombie piece. I think it's something I should show on my website in full rather than a (gory) bit of it. It might be considered offensive by some people who don't like horror.

As for the Brad Pitt shot, that was a composite from Snatch being put into the movie Ali. It was actually pretty easy to do . . . just a little rotoscoping, that's it!

Thanks!

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]