FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion GFX Demo Reel (Student)

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
artCROSS
Motion GFX Demo Reel (Student)
on Jul 20, 2006 at 6:53:12 pm

Hey everyone,
this is my first attempt at a demo reel. I was hesitant to post it, but I need to get critiqued eventually. I went to school for communications, but found out I really enjoyed motion gfx, so I would like to try and get into that field. I'm moving to NYC in a month and I would like to apply for jobs there, but I need some help as I didn't go to school for this, so I don't know if this is what they're looking for. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.isitcontagious.com/jon/jreyes_demoreel.mov

Jonathan

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Motion GFX Demo Reel (Student)
by
on Jul 21, 2006 at 2:27:17 pm

Jonathan-

Very nice reel. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the open and close. Both are too long. I would consider a much flashier open. At first I thought..."not another curtain open effect." You need to draw the viewer in during the first few seconds.

Otherwise, great job. I can't believe you have no education in Motion Gfx.

Return to posts index

artCROSS
on Jul 23, 2006 at 3:23:15 am

Thanks for the reply!
After watching it again, I see what you're saying. I guess that intro is sort of cliche. I'll work on a different one that's more engaging. Any other comments?

Return to posts index

flowmotion
on Jul 24, 2006 at 11:55:05 pm

Just two suggestions; use a soundtrack with more energy and check your spelling on "developement" at the end.

Return to posts index

pwaszak
on Jul 29, 2006 at 8:19:06 am

I like your reel . . . I think you just need to make it a little tighter. I agree with the previous posters who said that you should use more energetic music, and I also suggest speeding up the pace of the cuts. My motto with reels is pretend you're punching someone in the gut with the power of your work. Aim for that and you should be good!

Cheers!

Paul Waszak
Creative Director
Red Lynx AVS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]