FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scott Ustas Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
meshedintervals
Scott Ustas Demo Reel
on Jul 12, 2006 at 8:19:29 pm

Hello here is my first attempt at a demo reel of my own art. Please tell me what you think!

http://www.scottustas.com
show reel 2006

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Scott Ustas Demo Reel
on Jul 12, 2006 at 9:40:40 pm

You had some nice elements in there, I liked the drums and the stretching of the reel, although it didn't seem to have a point to the actual stretching other than it was cool (you could use the stretching as a transition into your reel maybe). It wasn't clear but I assume you were going for motion graphics in your reel. It doesn't say on the intro screens. I didn't get the arm near the beginning - in fact a lot of the work seemed to be strangely unrelated - most potential employers will be looking at your work imagining how it could fit in with their product - I'm just largely confused by the reel overall and I'm betting they might be too. It wasn't clear what kind of companies you've worked with before, what type of products these were describing or advertising, etc. It needs a structure somehow to put the pieces together - meaning if they were just stuff you came up with while playing around with software then have us start out in a graphic of your head or something ... so we have an inkling that maybe it's just the product of imagination and that's the reason for the discombobulation.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
Kansas City, Kansas - United States

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]