FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe Madureira
My Demo Reel
on Jul 10, 2006 at 11:37:09 pm

Hi Folks,

This is my reel of editing and motion design I relay apreciate your feedbacks, even the negative ones :) because it

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: My Demo Reel
on Jul 13, 2006 at 2:52:10 am

Hi, Felipe. There were some shots I wished we saw longer of, particularly the gaming shots and perhaps shots containing 3D. You might consider having separate demo reels broke up by category, you had live action footage (presumably showing off editing?) mixed in with some gaming and motion graphics. Gaming and motion graphics sometimes bleed into each other but typically you'll be pitching these kinds of clients separately (gaming companies don't tend to look for "motion graphics" artists unless it's a big place that handles their own marketing, etc.). I could be wrong, you'll know after you start showing the demo around (if you deliver in person, the folks will usually tell you what they think). The hard drive and like footage may help get some IT-related clients, you'll need more of it - the more specific you can make your reel, the easier it might be to help pin down your target potential client.

Probably going to need more solid work (intern if you need to), you'll probably want to better pin down the type of material you want your reel to show (motion graphics, 3D, editing?), only include your best stuff possible in your reel, keep it short, don't repeat footage unless there's a different part of it you want us to see the first clip didn't show.

Hope that helps a little.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
Kansas City, Kansas - United States

Return to posts index

Felipe Madureira
Re: My Demo Reel
on Jul 18, 2006 at 8:35:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback, it help so much, when I prepare a new one, I