FORUMS: list search recent posts

Comment on this specific piece...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thewanggao
Comment on this specific piece...
on Jun 22, 2006 at 2:07:49 am

Hey Guys,
I just made a new whatchamacallit... an intro (?) for my new production company/project. I was hoping you could provide me with some feedback on it. Like it? Hate it? Think it could be made better with something? All feedback is graciously taken. Thanks a lot!
Oh, and I'm VERY sorry, but I didn't have anywhere to host the file except fot his dumb place!

http://www.MegaShare.com/13552

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

thewanggao
Re: Comment on this specific piece...
on Jun 22, 2006 at 2:13:08 am

change the above "his dumb place" to "this dumb place" (referring to megashare)

Alexander Gao

Return to posts index

Kenton.VanNatten
on Jun 22, 2006 at 3:27:50 am

This dumb place is right... I was so confused by the layout of that page, I didn't even see the message (in red) "Please wait 70+ seconds" until I came back to the Cow and read your second message and tried it again.

Now I'm sitting here writing this while I'm "waiting"... will post a response as soon as ... oh snap, I don't have to wait anymore, now I get to download it -- estimated d/l time 4+ mins on Cable internet. yawn.

Not your fault I know, I'm just razzing "MegaShare!" because I'm bored... I did notice that I must be the first person to d/l this video. ("This file has been downloaded ...0... times.") I guess everyone else just shot themselves in the face waiting.

FWIW, You get a pretty decently priced ftp account through GoDaddy.com I use it for all my client approvals and everything... oooh 20 secs remaining.

Done.

Waiting for QT to load up...

Cool, my wife likes it ("it's orienting", she said)... the woodgrain effect looked a little "too" digital to me, as if it was the preset included in the Softimage pack. But overall, a nice "swooshing" sfx to accompany it and it would be alright. I do like how the text is "in-layed" on the wood though.

But, I really know nothing about compositing, so take my ramblings with a grain of salt.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

thewanggao
on Jun 26, 2006 at 9:38:48 pm

It has been downloaded 32 times, and I see only one comment... I'm not bugging you, but if you download it, please at least leave a brief comment about it.

(Sorry, I'm just anxious to see what you guys think...)

thanks!

Alexander Gao

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
on Jun 28, 2006 at 4:48:43 am

Aside from the annoyance of the host site addressed in the post above, what I see doesn

Return to posts index

Matthew Watkins
on Jun 28, 2006 at 4:26:34 pm

The main thing is change your hosting site. That's really a bother.

As far as your opening, I would say it's okay as a way of letting someone know that's who made whatever is coming next. But I would suggest you add some sound fx and or music behind it.

Why does the wood grain start to move up at the end? That part made know sense to me. It turns as the name comes up and the flower bloom is okay. Sometimes simple is good. But then it goes up. I watched it several times to try and figure out why you would do that. Just letting it fade out would be fine or maybe let it star turning clockwise again as it fades out.

I would like to see ORIENT burn into the wood grain and FX would look better if it did something other than just "pop" in.

There's my two cents.

Matthew Watkins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]