FORUMS: list search recent posts

My first motion design reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
UCProductions
My first motion design reel
on Jun 20, 2006 at 9:01:37 pm

This is a collection of my best work from the last year. I will be using this to get hired as a motion designer or video editor. Please let me know what you think of it. Negative or positive, I would really like to know what any one thinks about my reel. I am applying for jobs I would like to know if I should change anything. I will not take offence. Also what is the best setting to export from Adobe Preimer for web play back? Thank You

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: My first motion design reel
on Jun 22, 2006 at 4:15:02 am

I think some of us on the board get into a certain mindset for a reel to look a certain way without considering the audience. Given that, I'm not sure some of the material in there really belongs on your reel. Specifically the under construction at the beginning and end because it looks too simple - a graphic over a layer with a wave effect on it. The design is a bit lacking and the colors are a strange mix at times, but I know you used them for an elementary school (I would've expected very bright colors instead of pastel soft colors for elementary though, maybe that's just me). I liked the shot of the buildings getting broke apart. I felt the material was repeating itself in several ways and that's just due to a lack of material.

You're going to need more solid work to get a good reel together but you're on the right track. If you don't end up getting any work from the reel you could intern at some local places, offer to help on projects for free or a low price. You get your foot in the door through recommendations like we talked about in another thread and then the reel will seal the deal. You're not quite there yet to have a go at it alone for very long, imo. Keep at it. :-)

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
Kansas City, Kansas - United States

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]