FORUMS: list search recent posts

My demo reel that I made in a day.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Kern
My demo reel that I made in a day.
on Jun 20, 2006 at 7:00:14 am

I was asked by a person that I had contacted about possible employment to make a demo reel by the end of last week. With work and everything I had about 5 hours to work on it. I am 19 years old, I have never had a job in video, and I have never received any sort of training in video, so keep that in mind before you eat this alive:

http://downtownskatemi.com/files/portfolio/

Take note that I don't have the "small" one working yet.

Return to posts index

Kenton.VanNatten
Re: My demo reel that I made in a day.
on Jun 20, 2006 at 4:56:34 pm

It's "okay"... I found myself getting bored with the music and the pacing. Also, is this an editor/motion gfx artist reel or did you shoot that stuff too?

The first image that comes up and says "stock" first made me think you were using all stock footage, then I thought maybe you shoot stock footage. The images are nice no doubt, but the overall pacing and lack of dynamic in music was the one thing that bugged me.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

Matthew Kern
on Jun 20, 2006 at 5:59:36 pm

Yeah, I shot/made everything in that. The music is what bugs me too... I just seriously could not find anything that I had that wasn't copyrighted.

Return to posts index

thewanggao
on Jun 21, 2006 at 1:53:58 am

- also, maybe you should have a control bar underneath the video, partly because it's just convenient, and partly because the only one that works is the large video, and people don't like not knowing when they'll have to stop and wait for more to load.

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

Matthew Kern
on Jun 21, 2006 at 4:39:48 am

If you read the text at the bottom of the screen I have already thought of that. And the medium one works too it's just that you can't get to it from the large one yet. I'm working on it, I'm just new to web design. So yeah, thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Jun 21, 2006 at 3:32:10 pm

Matthew-

Overall you have the start of something good. As with the other comments, the music has got to go. Look on line for other music libraries that are royalty free. Try Musicbakery.com. Even if you pay $50 for a cut of music, it would be money well spent.

Second, the demo is way too long. Perhaps you need to have different demos for different purposes. If i were hiring a shooter, I wouldn't care about your web development.

I was confused on the training video clips. I really didn't see any "training" taking place. Perhaps you need to use the audio from those segments.

By the way nice nature shots and very nice photography work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]