FORUMS: list search recent posts

Short Demo.....would like some feedback.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
StetsonPipes
Short Demo.....would like some feedback.
on May 10, 2006 at 2:49:19 am

Hi,

This is the first demo i've ever tried to make. It's still in the developmental stage but I would like some feedback on what I'm doing. I'm hoping it's getting somewhere good enough to at least apply for an internship. Keep in mind that I still have a year of college to go and I've only been using AE for 10 months.

Also, a few things you should know.
Funhouse is a short horror film I wrote, directed, shot, and edited. (old film looking footage at beginning)
I also wrote, directed, shot, and edited the tabasco commercial. (logo in end needs to be replaced)
The contact slate was just something I put together real quick. it doesn't list everything.

Thats it and here it is.
http://www.stu.aii.edu/~mnm033

Return to posts index

TGJohnson
Re: Short Demo.....would like some feedback.
on May 12, 2006 at 3:27:56 pm

It looks good, but leaves a bit to be understood. What are the cool graphics that flah in the change-ups? Your stuff? If so, show more of it, if not, cut it.

Good luck,
Travis Johnson
Milan, Italy

Return to posts index

Bill Dewald
on May 12, 2006 at 8:15:09 pm

Nice work, but do all the corporate logos imply that you've done work for these companies? Have you?

Return to posts index

StetsonPipes
on May 16, 2006 at 5:06:13 am

I have done very little for a small production company. All the corporate stuff is just stuff I thought of. I think I saw the at&t thing somewhere. So, no i've never done any corporate work. I would though. I'm just trying to show that I know some techniques. Like I said...I'm just looking for an internship.

Return to posts index

StetsonPipes
on May 16, 2006 at 5:09:57 am

yeah, that's all my stuff. I wish I had more to show. Most of those are just experiments with different ideas. Nothing to really look at. I needed to transition between parts and thought using my own stuff would be an interesting way to do it.

Return to posts index

btveditor
on May 18, 2006 at 2:16:42 pm

Good day,

Not to bad for a first shot of a demo. I'm not to sold on the two film pieces that you have first. The majority of your work is pretty high energy, but you start of with 2 pieces that are very slow and I'm not sure what I am supposed to get from them. If you are moving towards getting into the graphics end of things, then I would exclude those pieces or work them in a little differently. Give me a little setup before getting into them, do a little graphic treatment to a) show case a little more of what you after effects talent and b) the view can get a better idea of what I am supposed to be seeing.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]