FORUMS: list search recent posts

showreel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
buldga
showreel
on May 6, 2006 at 10:39:26 am

Hi

I'd like some feedback about my reel please. Also love some feedback on my site.
Cheers
ben

http://www.benlemasurier.com/animation.html

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: showreel
on May 8, 2006 at 5:47:50 pm

On the reel. Generally liked it, you show a fine grasp of mograph and design, pretty much everthing you showed me I found visually interesting. Watched it a couple of times.

2 negatives. First there are a few times where you hold way to long, IMO, on things. For instance at the very end the graphic that said "Day 5" I see it...I get it...move on. You did this in quite a few places, things are moving then pause.................

Second, I really didn't think that particular piece of music worked with your demo at all. It seemed to be lacking energy, while I found a lot of your animations to be very energitic. The music was kind of a downer, or struck me as a downer.

Again, I really liked the mograph work, you typography, sense of design. Great work really.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

buldga
on May 9, 2006 at 7:12:06 am

thanks I'll keep that in mind. Your right its a bit rough. The edits are not spot on. Now I've got some more time I'll have another go with some other music and see how it looks

cheers

ben

Return to posts index

RJ Hannigan
on May 10, 2006 at 6:44:45 am

ya i agree...way too long...i got bored half way in...think you can cut alot of stuff out and not hold so long on some pieces... also i saw one of my favorite pieces somewhere in the middle...thought that it should be more in the front of the reel just because it was alot better than some of your stuff... it was the black and white drawing of people over a purple background...i also agree with john the song seemed kinda slow as well...just my opinion...

Regards,

R.J. Hannigan

Return to posts index

seamus
on May 12, 2006 at 4:32:04 am

Nup, I don't agree with the others on the music front. I don't mind it. Whole package could probably be edited a bit tighter, including the music. But in my opinion if you just went with another high energy rockin track it would be so stock standard, we have seen it to many times. Would be such an 'American' approach. hehe.
Some really beautiful clips there matey. With some tighter editing I think that music would sell the beauty of the designs really well. (it already is doing that for me in part)
Oh and loose the AMP clip. Very weak in comparison to the others. I reckon not much more than a minute is a good length. Leave em wanting more I say.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]