on Apr 21, 2006 at 2:17:49 am

Kind of into that digital snap zoom transition thing a bit eh'

Return to posts index

cow
btveditor
Re: Demo Reel - 1 Minute
on Apr 23, 2006 at 3:37:29 pm

Good day David,

What was I supposed to take away from your demo? What was your message? Do you know about using nat sound?

I ask some of these question because all you have showed my that is you can cut a 1 minute montage to a piece of music. This is one of the first things that I have my students do to get use the AVID interface and to get their feet wet. I am not a friend of 1 minute editing montages without some substance after the montage. I want to see what you can actually do. If you do want to stay with montage feel, open it up a little bit. Let it breath, show me a snipit of a couple of your pieces throughout. That way you can give your viewer a better idea of what your style, pacing and creative thoughts are and can be.

btveditor

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Apr 24, 2006 at 10:23:32 pm

[btveditor] "Good day David,

What was I supposed to take away from your demo? What was your message? Do you know about using nat sound? "

I don't know, it's Eric's demo, not mine.

Return to posts index

cow
Barcino Films
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:40:34 am

Indeed true, the demo reel is mine. I intended the demo reel to be fast paced and exciting -- hoping the the viewer would want to know more. I want the viewer to know that I make documentaries, marketing vidoes, and shoot photography. I chose the one minute running time because people are busy because I equate a demo reel to an elevator pitch. If you can't get someone interested in one minute, then you have lost your shot. So I post my demo reel to know if people found it interesting. Were people intruiged, turned off, frustrated, unimpressed, what?

I suppose it would be more approriate to provide the following link to the demo reel, so everyone can see how it is integrated into the website. http://www.barcinofilms.com/demo.html

I appreciate the feedback thus far.

Return to posts index

peterock
on Apr 26, 2006 at 9:49:01 pm

the award was for what?

Return to posts index

Barcino Films
on Apr 27, 2006 at 4:52:34 am

The award was for "Window Shopping In Barcelona" a 15 minute documentary about Barcelona. I received the "Best of Brandeis" award at the New England College Film Festival at Brandeis University in 2005.

Return to posts index

Jared Morgan
on Jun 3, 2006 at 10:47:06 pm

I think I get the message behind the reel. Nice choice of music. I agree about the nat sound though.. find a few bites from the pieces you edited and let it speak for itself.

Also.. pet peeve of mine is the "Award Winning Documentary" thing. I won the Best Editor award 4 years ago in college.. but I don't say I am an award winning editor. I think that ought to be reserved for something like winning an emmy or major film festival. the term is used way too losely in our industry.

Just a thought. I think it has potential though!

Return to posts index

Barcino Films
on Jul 21, 2006 at 6:19:58 am

Thank you all for your comments. They were helpful. I will post again when I cut another demo in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]