FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wedding Demo - Needs feedback

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skipno
Wedding Demo - Needs feedback
on Apr 18, 2006 at 2:30:54 pm

Hi all,

I would like to get some feedback on my new demo. I'm trying to illustrate the excitement and energy during the piece, while still covering the slow, emotional feelings of a standard wedding video. Any comments or constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.skipnoproductions.com

Select the "Skipno Wedding Demo" in the Video Gallery page.

Return to posts index

btveditor
Re: Wedding Demo - Needs feedback
on Apr 23, 2006 at 3:27:58 pm

Good day Skipno,

Over all I liked the look and style of the 1st half of your demo. I thought the music the shots and the pacing gives your potential clients a good idea of your style, but the "Exclusive" for me was a little hokey. Don't get me wrong, I like the twist you have put on what most call a "Love Story/How We Met". I would make that a seperate movie for people who may be interested in having that done. I thought it took away from all the nice work you had done in the beginning.

Also, this has nothing to do with your demo, but I never put my package prices out for display. It's okay to have the extras priced out, but I operated on the principal that if people are price shopping then they might be turned off. I didn't want that to happen. I wanted to have that email or better yet phone conversation to explain to them what they were getting. What I mean by that is, I would let them know how many weddings I have shot and edited, how I would approach their special day and my ace in the hole for me was and still is that I have been in the broadast video field for over 19 years and have the resume to prove it. By taking this approach, I weeded out the price seekers and found the people who were willing to have their wedding day captured by someone with my experience.

btveditor

Return to posts index

Skipno
on Apr 29, 2006 at 5:47:05 am

Thanks for your feedback. I'll definitely take in consideration about displaying my prices on the website. Thanks again.

Skipno

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on May 5, 2006 at 6:34:24 pm

I LIKED IT! Maybe some things I may not do here n there, but overall, a great "cluster buster" very entertaining.

b

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]