FORUMS: list search recent posts

after months of work, new reel. Feedback please

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Ward
after months of work, new reel. Feedback please
on Mar 31, 2006 at 9:39:48 pm

I've taken many suggestions on my reel and have updated it. All criticism requested. The demo reel is for my production company. I pitch it as a full-service video production company (story, production, post-produciton); sort of a one-stop shop.

-Trevor

http://www.redeyevideoproductions.com/videos/demo reel.mov

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Eric Lagerlof
Re: after months of work, new reel. Feedback please
on Apr 1, 2006 at 3:16:19 pm

Trevor, I like the way you follow the music and a lot of the shots and elements in the reel. Some shots, like the brunette girl in the T-shirt (after your 2 guys in period costumes), or the sysco shots, seem to me to not be nearly as interesting. The interview shot of the blonde lady in the light blue blouse, again not all that interesting and on too long. You may be trying to 'fill' your soundtrack but as a result the piece feels uneven. Love the shots with movement and with more of the graphic sensibility, and again, you have a nice sense of the music.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Apr 2, 2006 at 6:13:39 pm

I say don't use copyrighted music - it gives the impression you have permission to use it. There are lots of interesting royalty-free tracks available.
I did like the way the super with the word "god" appeared in sync with the word "god" in the song - very clever. I like the motion shots, and am always on the lookout for new things to try.

Mike

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 3, 2006 at 6:23:18 pm

One issue about the song that struck me:

I Can't Stand It I Know You Planned It
I'm Gonna Set It Straight, This Watergate
I Can't Stand Rocking When I'm In Here
Because Your Crystal Ball Ain't So Crystal Clear
So While You Sit Back and Wonder Why
I Got This Fu***** Thorn In My Side

Maybe it's not an issue for the people you are marketing too, but my clients would certainly raise there eyebrows if I sent them a demo that contained language not suitable for a PG movie. Also not all potential clients like hard core music...just something to think about.

Good Luck
johnny

Return to posts index

btveditor
on Apr 21, 2006 at 2:14:14 pm

Good day Trevor,

Was that the open to a demo reel or was that it?

The reason I ask, is that I have no clue what kind of editor you are from your montage. If this the open to a demo it could be shorter for one and second you need to show little snipits of your work. I want to see you pacing, timing, transition, etc.

I have been editing for over 19 years and my demo has evolved from what it first was, of course my first couple of demos were thin, but I mad up for it with my montage, but I always included some of my work so that the person I was sending to could get a feel of my editing style.

btveditor

Return to posts index

Kam the greatest designer eva!
on Jun 2, 2006 at 6:53:56 pm

overall it aint that good...thw waxing thing is a bit too corporate...and its too simple and ordinary...you can do better

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]