FORUMS: list search recent posts

www.gavin-casey.com

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
The bull
www.gavin-casey.com
on Mar 24, 2006 at 11:27:29 am

Hi, Just finished my online portfolio. The majority of the work was created in photoshop/illustrator and animated in after fx.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

thanks

http://www.gavin-casey.com

Return to posts index

cowcow
Eric Lagerlof
Re: www.gavin-casey.com
on Mar 24, 2006 at 3:50:10 pm

Gavin, I like your visual sense. Your site needs a few non-designer touches though. In the opening page, your type in the window was cut off on the left side. The kind of detail that gives one pause... You mention 'storyboarding' but have no examples. You have 'DVD' as a full page, but what did you do on these DVD's? Did you design and/or author the menus? The cover art? Can you do pre-press? Did you create content for them?
Your motion grfx are enjoyable, very nice. We just need a little more info about you.

Return to posts index

The bull
Re: www.gavin-casey.com
on Mar 24, 2006 at 4:16:55 pm

Hello Mr. Lagerlof!

Thanks for the comments.. the dvd's were all designed by myself.

The authoring was done within the company. As for storyboarding it's not really an aspect in which i want to sell myself nor is the print work of the dvd's etc... however after you pointing this out i should consider it.

I don't feel it's necessary to show the viewer the entire process as 9 times out of 10 you have a very short time span to keep potential web user interested.I'm not one for filling the site with a load of bumf about this and that. I'd rather that people view a no-nonsense to the point site. motion designer = work of motion designer.

I'm considering resizing to dvd page consistant with the other pages and doing a pop-up window with a larger version of the image and maybe a few details about the job. maybe include the cover art etc?

Thanks for the advice i do appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Hey, nice stuff
on Mar 25, 2006 at 9:53:35 pm

I'm running Safari on a Mac and the link to the whole reel wasn't working, so I watched each clip. Very nice look. Love the clip for the Dunphy show. Sweet edits... Yours are the kind of techniques that I always wish I could watch and try to understand the workflow and design process. Is it more of one elaborate design idea that you work towards, or is it an evolving look as you add layers and build elements to create the final look...

But I like the way you make the viewer look through various shapes, but at the same time we know where to look and what is going on...its way frenetic and yet very watchable. Tough to pull off.

Where are you located?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]