Reel Feedback and advice requested...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Ryan Miller
Reel Feedback and advice requested...
on Feb 14, 2006 at 9:24:59 pm

http://www.nocturnaledit.com

I just launched my website based reel... The relatively simplistic interface is temporary, until I teach myself some CSS, Iframes or Flash based web design.

All my featured editorial work is title sequence, commercial, broadcast with motion graphics heavy workflows. I've cut narrative and documentary films before in college and in my own privately funded shorts, but its definitely not as "hi-profile" as my short-form work I'm featuring, so I chose to leave them out.

Over the past 3 years I've worked hard to become a very efficient and visually effective short-form storyteller with a keen eye for detail. I've worked under the constant stress of tight-deadlines, while troubleshooting every technical video problem imaginable. And a lot can go wrong in workflows that require handoff of digitized media that gets rendered thru After Effects, shake, and inferno. Especially with the source footage coming from all forms of tape stock, dvd, and codec out there. For the majority of projects I edit, I'm the creative offline editor, assistant editor and final online editor.

Recently I've got the itch to get into long-form narrative and/or documentary editorial again, and was just curious if anyone had any suggestions as to the best course to take to do so.

I've been working as a creative editor now for awhile and would only want to take a step back into purely an assistant editor role if the project was a feature and/or tv series. This I would gladly take on an assistant role and be a damn good one with my skillset.

But I was curious if it'd be better to continue marketing myself as a full-on freelance editor of the short form stuff I've been cutting. Then on the side, keep my eye out for a non-paying or low-paying indie feature cut my teeth on? That way I'm not "taking a step back" title wise.

Any opinions on the best way to market myself?

Ryan Miller

Editor / Post Supervisor
yU+co. Hollywood, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]